Hand Up Toronto is looking for delivery drivers with their own vehicles to bring good hampers to families across the Greater Toronto Area.
We have partnered with Routific to create optimized routes and provide you with an app that directs you to each stop with all the contact and reporting information you need. We are committed to make your experience as efficient as possible to empower you to provide greater impact for your time.
Delivery Drivers – Family Support Program
We will be adopting another group of ~250 families starting in May 2021 and need drivers with their own vehicle to help us continue this program!
We are looking for ambassadors that will help us achieve that goal by committing to deliver to the same group of families 1-2 times a month for a course of 6 months. As a HUT ambassador you will be our eyes and ears to help us identify needs that we can support either in the duration of the program or in future programming. The more we learn, the more meaningful contributions we can achieve together.
What you can expect from this program.
- A commitment of 1 or 2 Saturdays for 6 months (starting in May 2021)
- You will be matched with a group of families that live in the same community.
- You will be delivering to the same group of families 1 or 2 times a month. All deliveries will be curbside.
- You will be provided with an optimized route powered by Routific that will guide you to each family’s address.
- Pick-up of the packages is at our partner facility in either Etobicoke or North York (weighing 20-25 lbs each). The packages usually contain dried grains such as rice, beans, lentils, and pasta, snacks, and hygiene products.
- Deliveries take approximately 3 hours and run on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
- The opportunity to build a connection with the families you deliver to.
Delivery Drivers – Ad- Hoc
Hand Up Toronto is always looking for volunteer drivers with their own vehicle, to deliver grocery care packages to families that are unable to leave their homes throughout the GTA on an Ad-hoc basis. If you want to be part of our mailing list for delivery events, sign up below!
How it works: We will contact you the morning before with a set of instructions for your delivery and a specific time slot to come pick up the care packages. On the morning of, you will receive a text message with a link to a webpage that will guide you through your route stop by stop.
What you can expect from this new program:
- All deliveries are contactless and curbside only.
- You will be provided with an optimized route powered by Routific that will guide you to each of the family’s address.
- Pick-up of the packages will be at our partner facility in Etobicoke. The packages will generally be in box form and have dried grains such as rice, beans, lentils, and pasta, snacks, and hygiene products.
- Deliveries will take approximately 3 hours.
- After you sign up through the form below, we will reach out a week prior to our delivery events.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering, contact us at [email protected]